Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hope you are having a jolly green day St Patty's Day. This is a shout out to my mom who passed on the festive gene to all her kids. So far today we have had green pancakes, green PB honey sandwiches and a green smoothie. Some of my greatest memories growing up are the fun holidays my mom created. So thanks mom!
So Chloe has not eaten a vegetable since she stopped eating baby food. Seriously! Every time she puts a veggie in her mouth she says, "Yutty!" But we have witnessed a miracle! The last two nights she devoured asparagus and broccoli and even asked, "More mease!" I know it sounds crazy, but I kind of started to cry. Being a dietitian and all I have been trying to stay calm about her eating and not control/force her, but the relief I felt was well... GREAT. I know I am silly, but it was a great moment for me. Now that I wrote this I am sure I will chinks myself and Chloe, but oh well. I am happy for now!
Luke is all about dressing up these days and pretending things. He is following in his mothers footsteps. Except I won't make fun of him like my family made fun of me!!! :)

7 comments:

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

I'm still wishing for that day when Gavin will eat veggies. The closest I can get with him is corn and avacados... sad. Maybe someday he'll eat the broccoli I put on his plate instead of tossing it to mine and calling it a tree.

Stacy said...

So cute and festive. What a yummy green smoothie!

carly said...

love the pictures. they are so cute. i thought about being festive for the holiday but failed at that too! how can life be so hard sometimes!?!? I'm glad though that chloe is eating some veggies. Cru has done the same thing - no veggies since baby food and it makes me so mad! there is hope though!

Makenzie Iorg said...

I'm so proud of you for being so festive. All I did was make green jello. Good for Chloe! Bowen actually started eating cucumbers, carrots and celery this week. I won't try to push him too much though.

Anjanette said...

Great job to Chloe. I won't even eat asparagus.

Kristy said...

Hi Heidi! I didn't know you had a blog.. super fun! - your kids are cute - you are a fun mom

Hilary said...

I am dying laughing over here. I know the tears of joy that comes from those simple little things. Good for Chloe. And really Heidi, did we make that much fun of you (I thought you didn't know about it - te he)