Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Working in the Yard

We lost 2 hug oak trees in our backyard this spring. So sad! They died of a nasty disease. Needless to say it left a hug mess in our yard. It took weeks to clean up!
 
 Rhett was a good helper. He insisted on wearing gloves!
 
My 2 neighbors Jack and Ginny helped us a ton with the clean up. Rhett has a crush on Ginny and visa versa. Ginny helps me with all my yard projects.

After it was all cleaned up we planted a garden. So far we have eaten a lot of snap peas and we are waiting for the rest.
 
Over all we survived the ordeal until I got poison ivy and almost died from itching to death. I am soooooooooooooo careful now!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love that you have neighbors that help you with your yard work! And snap peas totally remind me of your family! I remember you having those a lot when we were over to eat!

Papa said...

Doing yardwork should bring back fond memories to Kyle!

Makenzie Iorg said...

I'm so proud of your gardening skills. It's fun to know I have a sister out there working in the garden too!

MaurLo said...

Hey! I am stalking you off Jessica's blog and just wanted to say hi! Your children are darling...and it is fun to see your little family growing and doing so many sweet things. I just had a run in with poison ivy the second week of July myself and it was horrid. I convinced myself such things didn't grow in a proper garden...oops. Hope all is well with you, thanks for letting me catch up a bit. MaurLo (From the old dietetics days at BYU)