Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rhett Hobbs McClintock

Rhett Hobbs McClintock was born Sunday, January 9, 2011! He came much faster than our other kids. I labored a little too long at home and by the time we got to the hospital I was dilated to 9 1/2. I begged and pleaded for an epidural, but it was a no go. My nurse was a lady from our church and I looked at her with desperation in my eyes and said, "Sally, be honest with me, how likely is it that I will get an epidural?" And she said, "Honestly, it is not very likely they can do it in time." I thought I would die, but I made it because he came quickly. We got to the hospital at 9:30pm and he was born at 10:10pm.

He is our first non-red head, but he has chubby cheeks, dimples, and blue eyes. The day after he was born we had the hugest snow storm of the year so it was good he came when he did or getting to the hospital might have been tricky. Grandma Hobbs came the day we got home from the hospital and she did an excellent job taking care of our other 2 monsters. Thank you to her and all our other friends that helped so much.





1 comment:

Samantha R said...

What a cute family! Our little Nicole was born Jan 6,2011 - so just a few days before your little guy :)